NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed. Psalm 119:116

Delayed hope wears us down. Every one can relate to it. Let us see some examples from the  Scriptures of godly men on how they handled the stress associated with delayed hope.

King David reverts to prayer and supplication. There are numerous accounts of him praying and pleading thru' his psalms. He was certain his help would come from the Lord.

He sings: Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:4

Prophet Jeremiah learnt to wait for the Lord. He writes in Lamentations 3:21-24:

My soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

So, when delayed hope wears us down we should revert to:

* Prayer & supplication; be sure the Lord alone can help
* Waiting for the Lord

Is that hard?
1 Response
  1. wait I say on the Lord. though it can be the most difficult thing, and many people struggle with it. it has yet to be disproved that He will in fact show up and provide according to His word.

    that verity we have to allow to put our wants at ease.


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?