NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Today, if you would hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, As in the day of Massah in the wilderness... Psalm 95:7-8

So, how exactly does God speak to us? For some God speaks to them in visions, dreams and even audibly. But for most part, God speaks to us through His Scriptures - the Holy Bible! The Holy Spirit residing in us, will make us conscious to specific Scriptures, as we read it. That's why it is vital to read the Word of God on a regular basis, with an expectation to hear from Him.

We would wish He was "louder" at times. But it is against His very nature to force an entry in our lives. He simply knocks. Gently provokes. Quietly talks. If our hearts are sensitive to His call and ears are attentive to His voice , we will open at once, obey immediately & listen patiently.

True, sometimes we will hear what we don't want to hear. That's when most of us suffer the "hardening of the heart" syndrome. We twist and turn and make things work out the way we had intended it to, in the first place. We come up with logical reasoning as to why we can't do what the Lord prompts us to do. We find excuses to downplay His voice - the gentle reminder from His Scriptures.

Once I was in a grocery store line and noticed our youth pastor and his wife were just behind me. I was prompted to pay their bill, but I felt so awkward suggesting it. I reasoned out, it would be embarrassing for them if I paid for their groceries in the public. I entertained thoughts that may be I was seeking my fame. But neither was true. What was true was that God prompted me gently and I did not obey. I could have been a source of blessing to our pastors that day.But I chose to walk away. To this day I have my regrets.

But today, if you heard His voice, please do not harden your hearts, as you have done several times in the past...

Today we will obey!

0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?