NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20

We as believers are given one commission and one commission only - to go and make disciples. 

A disciple is a learner or pupil, who is committed to a leader or teacher. Making disciples takes on our part:

* Time
* Relationship
* Truth
* Humility

The discipleship model is:

* I do it; I follow Christ
* I do it, you watch (Follow my example)
* You do it, I watch (Making sure you can do it)
* You do it; You follow Christ

Paul said, "Follow me as I follow Christ". True we can follow someone who follows Christ. But just as a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy can get blurrier and blurrier, following a follower of a follower of a follower of a follower of Christ could soon lose it's essence. We need to be connected one on one with the real thing - the original who is Jesus Christ!

Are we making disciples? Are we following the Lord in the first place so that we can influence others to follow Christ? Let us recommit ourselves to the great commission to follow and thus making disciples.

0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?