NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?

How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.

Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

~ Psalm 13

A perfect example of how King David was like every one of us. Again, a perfect example of how King David was unlike most of us.

He was like us with his despair; yet he was unlike us in his ability to rejoice in his despair.

He starts this psalm in agony but ends it with such joy.

His questions seem like he is doubting God; but the answers come right back with such assurance of his salvation.

He was hurting, on the verge of giving up, yet not quite. He had mastered the art of quieting his soul time and time again when situations called for an uproar.

King David is indeed a great example to learn many things from.

Let us pray for such a heart - a heart like King David's. A heart that trusts in God's unfailing love, even though the human nature of despair overtakes us. A heart that praises more and complains less. A heart that always seeks the Lord. A heart that is forever connected and in tune with the Maker. A heart that claims to be a friend of God. Precious.

God bless you folks! Enjoy the weekend.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?