NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Happy Good Friday everyone!

I know most of us keep a grim face today as we recall the suffering of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. But I believe we need to rejoice for His sacrifice as otherwise we would be doomed forever. Now we are redeemed! Praise the Lord! So indeed it is a day of celebration and not necessarily a day of mourning for us believers.

As with the norm in many churches worldwide let us also quickly look at the words spoken by our Lord on the cross.

People give extreme importance to a person's last words, do they not? When we hear of someone's demise one of the first questions we ask is, what did he/she say last or when did you speak to him/her last. Jesus's words on the cross are therefore important too, though these are not His last. He lives and continue to speak! Amen!

* "Father, forgive them: for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34) 

* "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:42-43)

* "Dear woman, here is your son!" Then He said to the disciple, "Here is your mother!" (John 19:27)

* "I Thirst."  (John 19:28)

* "It is finished." (John 19:30)  

* "My God, my God, Why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46)

* "Father into thy hands I commend my spirit" (Luke 23:45-46)


God Himself in human form came down to rescue us. He submitted fully even unto death to redeem us - the human race. He died a painful death thus fully paying off for the punishment of every sin ever committed by any person - whoever believe(d)!

I do believe! I am sure you do too. He Lives! Let us rejoice!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?