NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

We sometimes tend to forget the essence of the Gospel in our lives. We become less sensitive to the ultimate sacrifice our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bore for us. This week as we celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, we will meditate on His sufferings for us.

Let us read the Scripture above as below:

My Lord Jesus Christ was pierced for my transgressions!
My Lord Jesus Christ was crushed for my iniquities!
My Lord Jesus Christ bore my punishments upon Himself!
My Lord Jesus Christ brought me peace!
My Lord Jesus Christ was wounded for me!
My Lord Jesus Christ healed me!

Gospel is very personal folks! It is not as generic as we tend to think of at times. True He died for the entire human race. But more importantly He died for me! For you! On a personal level. One on one! It is like dying that many times all over again!

Let us not make light of His sufferings for us. Let us not let His blood go wasted. Let us be rinsed all over again, engulfed by His supreme love. Let us be mindful of the fact that He took our place on the cross! Amen!
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Reena AnthonyRaj Says:

    Amen!


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?