NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

No harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. Psalm 91:10

Today's Scripture utters a blessing for our dwelling place; however it is conditional. Reading verses 9 & 10 together we get the complete context: If you make the Most High your dwelling even the Lord, who is my refuge then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.

Of course we want no harm to befall us nor any disaster to come near our tents; but the question is how to satisfy the condition - How to make the Most High our dwelling?

There is no better example than King David who often attests to having the Lord as his refuge:

Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Psalm 71:3

Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Psalm 90:1

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:2

O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." Psalm 142:5

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The LORD's right hand has done mighty things! Psalm 118:15

Making the Most High our dwelling would therefore mean:

* Finding our solace in Him
* Relaxing at His feet
* Looking to Him for our protection & provision
* Attesting by word of mouth that the Lord indeed is our refuge
* Shouting His praises in our tents etc.

So, let me ask you this morning: Have you made the Lord Most High your dwelling yet? Great! Then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent! Go in peace!

Oh, if you were not sure, stay tuned for further discussion on the same topic in the next few days...
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?