NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me; Yet thy commandments are my delight. Psalm 119:143

With all that pressure at work, home & church it is difficult not to feel stressed or anguished this time of the year.

Today's Scripture tells us that King David too felt the same from time to time. In a different translation we read, As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.

Looks like he had found the perfect stress relief too - the commandments of the Lord! In the same chapter verse 24 he says, "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."

Can we say that we take joy in the commandments of the Lord? Or is it the the last thing on our minds?

The Scriptures are given as an instruction manual if you will. There is instruction for every kind of issue we might face. So instead of responding in frustration when pressured, let us learn to take joy in His commandments!

Enjoy the weekend! Coffee will brew over the weekend too; stop by if you can.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?