NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

* "A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the LORD Almighty. Malachi 1:6

* "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46

* If you love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

Often times we take the Lord and His grace for granted. We don't always forgive, we don't always love, we don't always confess, we sometimes have selfish ambitions, and yet we justify our actions and believe we are better than most.This is termed "Cheap Grace".

In his book The Cost of Discipleship, German Theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer writes, "cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ."

Is this our story too? I hope not. If not, Where is the honor due to our Father? Where is the respect due to our Master? If you love Him, keep His commandments...
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?