NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

 Jesus went on to say, "In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me." John 16:16

I find it interesting that John chapter 16 starts with these very words, as spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ: "All this I have told you so that you will not fall away..."; yet these Scriptures seem a little vague and require further explanation. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will help us understand this Scripture clearly this morning.

To set the context: Jesus is preparing His disciples of the "loss" they are soon to experience, in terms of Jesus being taken away for crucifixion. Also, He forewarns them about the impending trials and dangers that is ahead of them for the sake of Jesus Christ. He promises them of the Holy Spirit - the Comforter whom will be sent to abide with them, during the time Jesus will be physically taken away from them.


Then He goes on to tell, "In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me." To the puzzled disciples He explains, in verse 28, "I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."

The chapter ends with Jesus's words, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

So you say, "Alright, we get it! We get the context, we get the text, but what does it have to do with us?" Good question. My simple answer is that we are getting ever closer to the fulfillment of the second phase of the promise, "... then after a little while you will see me." The wait is almost over! Isn't that awesome!

Unlike the disciples, we haven't lived through the "loss" but have gained it all by believing in the Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ! The disciples were foretold of the Comforter. We have already received the Comforter.

Their lives, the Gospel they have shared/spread/written/lived/preached gives us a firm basis for our faith, so that we too can share/spread/live/preach & profess the same Gospel - the Good News that Jesus came, died for our sins, resurrected, lives forever, and will return to take us home! Hallelujah!

The Scriptures - God's own Words - guide us and prepare us as we get closer to seeing Jesus face to face - in a little while. Amen! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!


I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18

He who testifies to these things says, Yes, I am coming soon.Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen. Revelation 22:20-21.


0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?