NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 1 John 4:20

I know it is too personal, but let me ask you; do you hate a brother or sister? Yes, you heard it right. Do you hate a brother or sister?

If we do, today's Scripture calls us a liar. It goes on to discuss further that if we can't love a brother or sister whom we can see, we can't possibly love God, whom we cannot see. In that case, the flip side is also true. If we truly love God we will surely love our brothers and sisters. 

There may be family dynamics, parents' partiality or misunderstandings that can often cause a rift among siblings, cousins and other relationships. It may be hard to love them in spite of it all. However, if we are constantly filled with the love of God, none of those causes would actually affect us. We will still be able to carry forward with the relationship without any bitterness or vengeance or envy. This is only possible with the help of God.

There was a period in my life where I felt absolutely no love for my in-laws. All I remembered was everything they said or did against me. Not that I didn't say or do anything, but in my mind my reciprocal was justified and so I felt no remorse for that. 

During a Sunday sermon one day I realized it was sinful not to forgive them. I started to pray for God's mercy and love to fill my heart so that I remember their offenses no more. It seemed hard in the beginning but trust me within few weeks of my earnest prayers I could completely forgive them. My hurt was wiped away as if it never was. Today I can honestly say I love my in-laws. Praise the Lord!

So, if any of you suffer with similar syndromes today, I urge you to reach out to God Almighty. Ask Him to refill your hearts with the joy of salvation once again. He will enable you to truly forgive your brothers and sisters. He will make it all possible to love them unconditionally - all over again. Not only that, your love for the Lord will be renewed. Praise the Lord!

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35


2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    This is a really good word. Thank you. Shared.


  2. NRIGirl Says:

    Thank you Dale King!


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?