NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. Psalm 118:17

Psalm 118 is a testimony of King David about the Lord. He starts with singing: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever..." and continues to share from the past, how on different times  the Lord came to his rescue.

He was pressed from all sides; many wanted him dead; armies were after him to kill him. He shares the anguish in verses 10-14:

All the nations surrounded me, but in the name of the Lord I cut them off. They surrounded me on every side, but in the name of the Lord I cut them off. They swarmed around me like bees, but they died out as quickly as burning thorns; in the name of the Lord I cut them off.  I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

It is so inspiring to see how in every situation,for every deliverence King David acknowledges the Lord and exalts His holy name!

Inspite of all those enemies who seeked to kill him, King David had no doubt in his mind that he will live long and will proclaim the name of the Lord. It came true; he lived a long life and proclaimed what the Lord had done in his life.

We too will live and proclaim what the Lord has done for us; praise the Lord!

Enjoy the last day of October 2014! Happy Friday too!

0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?