NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

When you sacrifice a thank offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf. It must be eaten that same day; leave none of it till morning. I am the Lord.

“Keep my commands and follow them. I am the Lord. Do not profane my holy name, for I must be acknowledged as holy by the Israelites. I am the Lord, who made you holy and who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the Lord.” Leviticus 22:29-33


Today we celebrate Thanksgiving in the United States of America. The ultimate concept behind the festivities is to give thanks to the Lord for yielding the harvest of the year.

When the last crops are done with, just before the start of winter, families of early English settlers in the 'New World' came together to thank the Lord, which then became an American tradition to be followed for centuries. What a beautiful idea!

Today as we remember our pilgrimage to this beautiful country, let us also remember our onward journey - the walk of faith - as we traverse this temporary world into God's eternity.

Keep praising the Lord along the way. Give thanks for each new day. Let us sacrifice our lives as accepted offering for the Lord Almighty.

I agree it is a buy day. But amidst it all remember to thank the Lord!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?