NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 12:26

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28

Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38


What does it mean to 'follow' someone?

Dictionary.com defines it as:

* to come after in sequence, order of time, etc.
* to go or come after; move behind in the same direction:  
* to accept as a guide or leader; accept the authority of or give allegiance to
* to conform to, comply with, or act in accordance with; obey
* to imitate or copy; use as an exemplar

I believe all these definitions were/are meant when Jesus said/says to follow Him. Isn't that how Jesus hand picked His 12 disciples? Didn't they all follow Him based on all these definitions above?

Well and good, aren't we called as well? Why aren't we following then? When was the last time we prayed lead me Lord? 

Shall we pray like King David?: "See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:24

Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love. Song of Solomon 2:4

Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Matthew 4:19

0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?