NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

First of all, what is refuge?

Looking it up in the dictionary we get the definition: "a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble."

So taking refuge in the Lord means finding safety or shelter from pursuit, danger, or trouble in the Lord. Meaning, anytime we are afraid, troubled, pursued we will run to His presence.

King David could relate to being in danger, he was being pursued; he was troubled all the time. Yet he sings constantly, 

* "But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge." Psalm 94:22

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

*  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:2

I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge. Psalm 71:7

Just the fact that he keeps on repeating the same idea proves that he was very much in the habit of doing it - taking refuge in the Lord.

How do we fare? When the enemy strikes, how do we react? Do we at least know these Scriptures to give us comfort? Do we fight it ourselves or run to God who is our refuge? 

May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."
 Ruth 2:12
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?