NRIGirl
Pin It Now!
Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me; Yet thy commandments are my delight. Psalm 119:143

With all that pressure at work, home & church it is difficult not to feel stressed or anguished.

As we read in the scripture here, King David did too from time to time. In a different translation we read, As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.

Clearly he had found the perfect stress reliever too - the commandments of the Lord!

In the same chapter verse 24 he says, "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."

Are we heading to the word of God for counseling? Can we say that we take joy in the commandments of the Lord?

I can honestly say that I have been reassured many times through the scriptures that God was in control of whatever stressful situation I was in at that time, bringing me complete peace and a good nights rest.

So, next time you feel stressed out, you know what to do - Take joy in His commandments!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?