NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. Psalm 144:1-2

He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 2 Samuel 22:35

I so love King David, who sets a perfect role model of a God fearing person. From tending to the flock, to leading an army (and later the whole nation) he went. Yet he was not proud of his accomplishments, as he knew for sure, it was the mercy of God that enabled him to reach greater heights.

During his reign, or even from before that, King David had won so many battles, both big and small, against individuals and against armies. But not even once he claims victory by himself. He always exults God Almighty, giving all the honor and praise to God alone.

He had a preparedness about him, which he credits to God. He learned to take refuge in God. God was his armor, his protection, his deliverer. In other words, he knew for a fact that it was God's battle and he was not the true warrior, it was God himself. 

Praise the Lord!

How are we doing this morning? Are we actually fighting our battles? Are we depending on our abilities to bring success? Are we crediting ourselves for the victories of the past? Are we basking in our own glory? Is pride blinding us from seeing the deliverance God alone can bring/brought in certain situations in our lives?

Or on the other hand, like King David, are we setting a good role model to our children, family and friends, of a humble God fearing leader?
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?