NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1: 5-11
 
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17
 
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Matthew 25:34-36
 
What these Scriptures here clearly tell us is that Faith without action is no good. True we are all saved by faith, by His grace. But it is not enough to mature in Christ.
 
In addition to our faith we need to develop goodness, increase in knowledge (of the Word of God), be self controlled, persevere (in prayer), become God fearing, express kindness and above all love others.
 
When we have these special add-on's we will reach out to the poor, we will feed the hungry, we will visit the sick, we will quench the thristy, we will invite the strangers, we will love our enemies, we will become a little more like our Lord Jesus Christ every day.
 
The Scripture tells us that we will receive a rich welcome in to the eternal kingdom of God! Isn't that worth every effort?!
 
 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?