NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3

Sometimes we get a revelation from the Lord through a word or song or a message. But it may not immediately come true.

If that is your case, the Bible says, "Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

We have been praying for my Aunt's visa to America and we were assured day after day with great promises from the scriptures. However she didn't get through the visa interview. As I was contemplating what could have possibly gone wrong with the assurances & promises, I happened to come across this verse in a very unlikely of places - in my closet - where I was looking for some important documents this morning.

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" Numbers 23:19

I was stunned!! It was a straight forward answer to what was going through in my mind. I immediately asked for forgiveness and looked at things from a different perspective. Sometimes things may not work out the way we are expecting it, but it definitely does not mean His promises have failed. In course of time it will all come clear for our understanding. For now let us accept the limitations and move forward.

One thing to remember is: "All things happen for good for those who love the Lord." Amen!

Hang in there; His promises are Yeah and Amen!
2 Responses
  1. Becky Says:

    I am not sure if God wanted to give you a bit more encouragement, but He was woven a string from this post to one of my devotions this morning. I must share with you the verse, at the very least: "God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them." ~Luke 18:7

    Max Lucado then writes "Why does God wait until the money is gone? Why does he wait until the sickness has lingered? Why does he choose to wait until the other side of the grave to answer the prayers for healing?

    I don't know. I only know his timing is always right. I can only say he will do what is best...

    Though you hear nothing, he is speaking. Though you see nothing, he is acting. With God there are no accidents. Every incident is intended to bring us closer to him.

    Taken from...(A Gentle Thunder)


  2. NRIGirl Says:

    Amen! That's powerful Becky! Thanks for sharing.


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?