NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Then Samuel brought Saul and his servant into the hall and seated them at the head of those who were invited—about thirty in number. Samuel said to the cook, “Bring the piece of meat I gave you, the one I told you to lay aside.”

So the cook took up the leg with what was on it and set it in front of Saul. Samuel said, “Here is what has been kept for you. Eat, because it was set aside for you for this occasion, from the time I said, ‘I have invited guests.’” And Saul dined with Samuel that day. 1 Samuel 9:22-24

It is an interesting incident how Saul comes to Prophet Samuel looking for his father's donkeys and gets to know that he is to be king over all Israelites. The Lord had already revealed it to Samuel that Saul would be coming to meet him.

What amazes me most is that Saul had no clue of what was going on about his matters to the very last minute. All that time he was looking for the lost donkeys, preparations were going on at the town of Zuph where Samuel was preparing the festive meal for Saul - a choice portion of the sacrifice!

These very thoughts had encouraged me many years ago while I was looking for a job. The Holy Spirit had assured me that my choice portion was awaiting me, while I was worried looking for "some lost donkeys"!

I used these very verses in my prayers asking God to bless me with my choice meat that was already set aside for me. Within days I had received my blessing!

Today the Holy Spirit is sharing the very same message to all of you joined here at the coffee table. Your portion awaits you this morning. It is a great feast and you are among the invited! Stop worrying about the lost donkeys and start praising the Lord for His mercies. Amen!



0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?