NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten - the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm - my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed." Joel 2:25-26

I am not sure if you noticed a very interesting Scripture among the promises the Lord gave us yesterday, here at Coffee with Jesus. That's the Scripture above,for our "coffee" today.

About 8 years ago, we were experiencing downtime. We had three houses in mortgage, we were trying to sell two, but it took forever to find a buyer. We had lost a fair amount in our 401K savings. And on top of that I was without a job for a few months. Naturally my spirit was low.

Then one day, I can vividly remember it; I was kneeling by the bed, reading the Bible and told myself I will not stop reading until I hear from the Lord. Not sure how long I was reading, but as I got to these verses, I knew for sure it was God speaking to me. Hallelujah! I was overjoyed at His direct message and intense promise for me! I took it to heart. I held fast to it. I was sad no more. I was telling everyone at home how God has promised to repay us for everything we had lost.

In the next few months everything fell in place. The long pending houses got sold, we could readjust our current mortgage, I found a job, and things have been a blessing since then. The promise has been fulfilled! Amen!

Why do I share this? So that you all come to experience the joy of hearing from the Lord. Speaking to Him is one thing - in our prayers, in our thoughts, in our songs etc. But hearing from Him completes our communication. Mostly we hear from Him through His Scriptures.

Next time you read your Bibles, let your hearts be open to hear Him speak.

Also, claim these promises for your lives today. May the Lord repay you for everything you have lost over the years. May you have plenty to eat, until you are full, and praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again may you be shamed. Amen! 

God bless you all! Happy Thursday!



0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?