NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God stays for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

I must confess I am no exception when it comes to loving things of the world. Shoes, bags, watches  and perfumes are my temptations. I have an appetite for fine things. According to the Scripture this morning, I do understand these are vain fancies I run after, which needs to be at once curtailed.

Clearly the Scripture says the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life are of this world and not of the Father. If I love the Father I must confess and denounce my craze for things of the world, which I do.

Dear Father: Thank you for the conviction of my sin at the coffee table this morning Lord. I am sorry for lusting after things of this world Lord. There are enough of everything you have blessed me with Lord. I need not and must not desire more of anything but you Lord. Please forgive me Lord. Please help me control my spending habit Lord. Please let me be very careful about using the funds you have given me to please you Lord. Please forgive me Lord. Please let me not repeat the same mistakes again Lord. Thank you once again for your mercy Lord. For your grace that is ready to forgive me Lord. Thank you Jesus for embracing me once again in your love Lord.

If there is anyone else here who needs a special touch this morning, please reach out to them Lord. Let them experience your presence Lord. Let them enjoy your embrace Lord. 

All glory, honor and power to you alone Lord.

In Jesus Christ's most precious name I pray,
Amen!

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.1 Timothy 6:6-8
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?