NRIGirl
Pin It Now! Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

Aha... Here comes the sensitive topic: Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Not just some grievances, not just the minor grievances, but all grievances - big and small. Even among "grown" Christians this is still an issue - they do not easily forgive grievances with each other.

I used to argue why should we forgive someone who wouldn't even apologize. Then someone in a Bible study explained that we forgive for our good, not for others, which made sense to me. I started working on it, praying over it, and in no time I was able to forgive all my grievances. I felt light and free of stress, my mind was not preoccupied with arguments and up tight against them, when I forgave I was able to even forget whatever they said or did to me. It also prompted them to reconcile with me. How cool is that.

Not forgiving someone only clutters our mind and spoils our joy and affects our peace of mind. When we forgive, we have the love, joy and peace in abundance in our heart and we do not give room to the grievances in our mind. Shall we try?
2 Responses
  1. Demi Spencer Says:

    This is probably one of the biggest challenges I face! There have been only a couple of people in my 27 years that I just can't find the goodness in forgiving them. They put painful scars on my life and in turn a lot of people view me as an outcast. My husband always tells me that it's not important what others think of me and to not let them drag me down. This is just a very tough aspect for me to grasp.

    Thanks for posting this! I know I should forgive.. It is just very tough!!


  2. NRIGirl Says:

    Hi Demetria! Thank you for sharing. I agree with you it is tough, but not impossible. With God's grace you can do it. Try it with prayer. God bless you!


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?