NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:4
"What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention? Job 7:17
O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Psalm 144:3


God loved Job so much that He even certified about Job; we read in Job 1:8: "There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." We know of the relationship David had with God, that he was even considered a friend of God.

Both of them have wondered at different times why God even cared for them. Their question comes more in awe than in reasoning. They were so overwhelmed by His love that they couldn't help but wonder why.

In order to understand the context from a different angle, let's consider a species we like, say butterflies. Do I love butterflies? Yes! Do I love all sorts of butterflies? Not really. Do I love butterflies so much that they will ever wonder why I love them so much? No! Do I really truly care for butterflies that I try to communion with them? Not in my wildest dreams. Do I love butterflies so much that I willingly lay my life for them? Never!

So, you see it is not the same as the love we have for a species. In God's eyes, we - the human species - is truly special and one of it's kind! His love for us is beyond measure, which is overwhelming. To begin with, He made us in His image, gave His life to redeem us, and has promised to take us home to be with Him! How awesome is that! Makes us wonder too - does it not?!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?