NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Don't I have a right to complain? Don't wild donkeys bray when they find no grass, and oxen bellow when they have no food? Job 6:5
My most painful experiences have given me my greatest strength and fiber - what I most needed to mature. Through them I was forced to rely on the Lord, deal with reality for what it was, defer reward - in short, quit griping and grow up! The very things I hated have been the making of me. ~ Luci Swindoll
What kind of complaints do you most often hear? Does complaining serve any purpose or it does any good?

Have you ever felt the way Job did? In Job 10:1 "I loathe my very life; therefore I will give free rein to my complaint and speak out in the bitterness of my soul."

Some people complain for everything. They complain when it rains, they complain when it shines, they complain if they are late, they complain if they get early, they complain if they have plenty, they complain when they don't, they complain about the neighbors, co workers, spouses, kids, you can go on adding to the list.

There are lots of ways to describe us when discontentment boils over: whiners, grumps, moaners, mopers. We get snappish, crabby, and edgy. You know the type - sort of like Eeyore, the gloomy donkey of Winnie the Pooh fame. No matter what cheerful circumstance he and his friends are in, his melancholy mindset makes his ears and tail droop ever lower. We can always find something to complain about if we try.

But this is not a godly attitude. Being grateful in all circumstances is what the Bible teaches the believers to do. The idea is to be content. Shall we strive for it?
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?