NRIGirl
Pin It Now!


Let's go to the potter's house for our coffee with Jesus this morning!

Today's reading is from Jeremiah 18:1-10:
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.

If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.

And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it."

As we read, if in His anger He ever spoke anything against us and we repent and plead for mercy, He immediately relents. On the other hand any blessings we have been promised could be reverted based on our evilness.

Often times we take the Scripture so lightly that we do not realize it is the very Word of God Almighty. Let us give the Word the reverence it so deserves.

King David lifts up a beautiful prayer in Psalm 119:33-40, which can serve as an example for us as to how to develop reverence for the Word of God:

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall observe it to the end.

Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law
And keep it with all my heart.

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Incline my heart to Your testimonies
And not to dishonest gain.

Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity,
And revive me in Your ways.

Establish Your word to Your servant,
As that which produces reverence for You.

Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your ordinances are good.

Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me through Your righteousness.

Amen!

Look at the key points that I have highlighted here, which covers from all different angles of distraction one may encounter during the walk of faith. It takes a concious effort to refocus our attention to the reverence of the Lord's commandments. Let this be our lessons learnt this morning.
1 Response
  1. Reena AnthonyRaj Says:

    Amen!


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?