NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

For by you I have advanced against a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. Psalm 18:29

If we can learn one thing from King David, it is how to be truly humble. He was a great king who had won many battles, earned many riches, he had the perfect 'rags to riches' story. He could have easily took the credit for it all; but he was careful not to. For every little or big achievement in his life he acknowledged the mercy of God.

Being a king, making such statements that emphasized his dependency on God might have been shunned at by his advisers, ridiculed by his adversaries and was not considered "politically correct" by his inner circle. Yet, he cared the least for what people thought of him and never hesitated to praise the Lord for his advancing career.

He was not ashamed to share about the perils he encountered and the emotional turmoils during the process. In 18th Psalm verses 4,5 & 6 he says, "The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help."

No wonder he was a man after God's own heart!

Now, the question is how many of us can truly say we can relate to King David in these aspects? Are we more like him or unlike him? Do we realize it is His grace that we are not consumed? If we answered "No" let us start working on our attitude.

Let us make this our sincere prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?