NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

... knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Matthew 7:7

Asking we understand. Seeking we understand. But knocking? Knocking what?

I assume it is knocking when we shut ourselves out of the presence of the Lord. His heart is always open. He assures in Revelation 3:8 "I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut."

It is our hearts that shut down from time to time. That is why Jesus says, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Revelation 3:20

Then there are times we can sense all the doors are shut when an answer to our prayers is delayed. Those are the times we actually knock. We knock so that God reveals the open doors to us. We knock to enter back into His joyful presence. And, we open to Him who knocks at our shut hearts.

Here's a promise of God for those who choose to believe it:

“This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shutI will go before you and will level the mountains ; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:1-3

May God bless you and make this promise come true in your life.  Praise the Lord!

Ask. Seek. Knock. Keep on asking. Keep on seeking. Keep on knocking.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?