NRIGirl
Pin It Now!


Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6

The passage here has amazing resemblance to something our Lord spoke about, as written in the Gospel of John 6:51-56:
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." 

Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Don't you see the remarkable resemblance here? One is the offer made by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to share in His body (which is our portion) and His blood (which is our cup); the other is King David's claim that his portion and his cup was is from the Lord, due to which he is assured of his delightful inheritance.

Isn't that what is promised for us who share in His broken body and His shed blood? Our delightful inheritance is our eternal life. Amen!

Not only that, even here on the other side of heaven, God has given us our portion, our cup. He has made our lot secure. We will see the same in more detail tomorrow...

Happy weekend!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?