NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction. 

My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 

What I mean is this: Individuals among you are saying, “I follow Paul,” “I follow Apollos,” “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 

I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that I do not remember if I baptized anyone else. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with words of wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

~ 1 Corinthians 1:10-17

Paul's frustrations with the division among the early believers is quite evident here. Unfortunately twenty centuries later we are still dealing with the same or similar issues in the Church. As Paul instructs us with the help of the Holy Spirit, can we come together today to worship the Lord in unity, setting aside our differences?

Happy Sunday folks!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?