NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Don't I have a right to complain? Don't wild donkeys bray when they find no grass, and oxen bellow when they have no food? Job 6:5

The biggest challenge to our "contentment" comes at this time of the year - when the stores are sparkling with sales and overflowing with merchandise. There is always the bigger and better screaming at us from across the aisle "bye me! bye me!"

Soon we fall prey to complaining about what we have and we might even justify it like Job did. In Job 10:1 he says, "I loathe my very life; therefore I will give free rein to my complaint and speak out in the bitterness of my soul."

There are lots of ways to describe us when discontentment boils over: whiners, grumps, moaners, mopers. We get snappish, crabby, and edgy. You know the type - sort of like Eeyore, the gloomy donkey of Winnie the Pooh fame. No matter what cheerful circumstance he and his friends are in, his melancholy mindset makes his ears and tail droop ever lower. We can always find something to complain about if we try.

Christian author Luci Swindoll quotes:
My most painful experiences have given me my greatest strength and fiber - what I most needed to mature. Through them I was forced to rely on the Lord, deal with reality for what it was, defer reward - in short, quit griping and grow up! The very things I hated have been the making of me.

Isn't it time we cultivate some contentment in us and grow up too?! It is; for me!
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?