NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

From time to time in our Christian walk we experience a kind of  'silence' from the Lord. We don't immediately realize it and for a day or two we can ignore it and then suddenly we start to panic.

Looking up the Scriptures we can see a few did relate to similar terms.

Asaph cries out in Psalm 83 verse 1: O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still.

King David cries out on several occasions:

O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent. Do not be far from me, O Lord. Psalm 35:22
O God, whom I praise, do not remain silent Psalm 109:1
O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer Psalm 22:2
To you I call, O LORD my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit. Psalm 28:1

If you were to read each of these psalms you will note that this is when the psalmists pour out the contents of their heart about their enemies, what they did to them and how God can punish them etc etc. and almost always they find solace at the end of the psalms just from doing that. It works wonders like a therapy if you will.

We can try it too - speaking openly with God about the unfairness around us and asking Him to work wonders on our behalf. He does listen and lessen our burden in no time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?