NRIGirl
Pin It Now! Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." John 19:28

I was pondering over the scene of the cross where Jesus was bruised and beaten to the point where not an inch of His body was spared. In addition to it all, he also suffered the agony of thirst! Why was it necessary to suffer Him thus even with thirst? Few thoughts that crossed my mind I wish to share with you here:

* So that the following Scriptures which were foretold about Him will be fulfilled:
- They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst. Psalm 69:21 &
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death. Psalm 22:15
* To prove beyond doubt He was 100% human
* To prove beyond doubt He gave His very last for our redemption from sin.
* He expressed his thirst for our love.

 Remember, the same Jesus is also called the Living Water and says, "To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life." Revelation 21:6

Whatever you are thirsty for today, He is capable of fulfilling it. But first, can we make an effort to give our hearts to Him to quench His thirst at the cross?
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?