NRIGirl
Pin It Now! Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23

A little prayer today as we get closer to the New Year: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting..."

Barne's note on the Bible reads,
The prayer denotes great sincerity on the part of the psalmist. It indicates also self-distrust. It is an expression of what all must feel who have any just views of themselves - that the heart is very corrupt; that we are liable to deceive ourselves; and that the most thorough search should be made that we be not deceived and lost.
Let us make it our sincere plea today, opening up our hearts for the "search". If there is any offensive way in us, may the Lord lead us in the everlasting way. Amen!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?