NRIGirl
Pin It Now! "Yes, he lured you away from the jaws of trouble into an open area where you were not restrained, and your table was covered with rich foods." Job 36:16

I am not a huge fan of many different translations of Bible - however for this verse I had to look up the God's Word Translation. Just so you know, here's the same verse in NIV and KJV. Pick your favorite!
"He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food." ~ NIV

Even so would he have removed thee out of the strait [into] a broad place, where [there is] no straitness; and that which should be set on thy table [should be] full of fatness. ~ KJV
I love the upbeat personality of King David who exclaims, "He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." (Psalm 18:19) We see the reason for his merriment in the same chapter verse 6: "In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."

Here are few more references on the same topic:

* We went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance. Psalm 66:12
* In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. Psalm 118:5

So, let us not be restrained by the sin, fear, terror, guilt, addictions, temptations, doubts or whatever else that had a hold on us over the past year(s); Our Loving Savior has lured us away from the jaws of such, and has set a rich table for us in the open area for the new year!

Table is all set; come let's go eat!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?