NRIGirl
Pin It Now! Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me; Yet thy commandments are my delight. Psalm 119:143

With all that pressure at work, home & church it is difficult not to feel stressed or anguished this time of the year. As we read in the scripture here, King David did too from time to time. In a different translation we read, As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. Looks like he had found the perfect stress reliever too - the commandments of the Lord!

In the same chapter verse 24 he says, "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors." Are we heading to the word of God for counseling? Can we say that we take joy in the commandments of the Lord?

Kolanda - our fellow reader at the blog - had shared with us that when she meditates the word of God at the end of the day she was less stressed and felt relaxed. I can also honestly say that I have been reassured many times through the scriptures that God was in control of whatever stressful situation I was in at that time, bringing me complete peace and a good nights rest.

So, next time you feel stressed out, you know what to do - Take joy in His commandments!
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?