NRIGirl
Pin It Now! Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Nowhere else we see such a direct call to go and lay down our burdens. I don't think no one else ever opened up such an invitation. Even we our self would not call out in a similar fashion for fear of adding to our burdens.

How many of us can say we truly share in other people's burdens? I don't think I do. I may listen, I may offer to pray, but that's about it. I might not even feel the same way the weary feels of his/her burden. Similarly how many of you will be willing to share in my burden? You may listen, you may advice me, you may pray for me and that's all you might be able to do.

As humans we are limited in our capacity to ease out other's weight. May be we will add to it like Job's friends did when he was suffering. Of course they thought they were helping him out but did they; hardly.

That's one reason why this invitation stands out in the crowd in a special way. Let us take heed and go to Him with all our burdens and take the rest he offers in return! Rest comes naturally from knowing that He can handle our cares. Tomorrow we will learn about "How to take our burdens to Him?"
4 Responses
  1. amma Says:

    very good thought


  2. NRIGirl Says:

    Thank you Amma!


  3. raji Says:

    Hi nri.don't mind me asking ..the beginning lines you write are from bible?and then you give the explanation to that yourself?is that how the pattern of 'coffee with Jesus' goes?Yes it's only god who could take all our burden ,but we never realise that !


  4. NRIGirl Says:

    Yes Raji. That is correct.


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?