NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Once again we are reminded of the importance of a fervent constant prayer. Or rather a prayerful state of mind. You may ask how. Here's an excerpt I came across on the topic that I wish to share for today's coffee.
At a monthly meeting of ministers in London, a question was proposed to be discussed at the next meeting, viz., "How can we pray always?" A woman at the bottom of the room, attending to the fire, turned round and said, 
"Why, gentlemen, I could answer that question now." Ah," said a minister, "Susan, do you know how to pray always?" "I hope so;" said Susan. "But," said the minister, "you have so much to attend to; how can you find time to pray always?"
"Oh," said Susan, "the greater the variety I have to attend to, the more I am assisted to pray. In the morning, when I open my eyes, I pray, 'Lord, open the eyes of my understanding, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law.' Whilst I am dressing I pray, 'Lord, may I be clothed in the robe of righteousness, and adorned with the garment of salvation!'
As I am washing myself I pray, 'O Lord, may I be washed in the fountain opened for sin and uncleanness!' When kindling the fire I pray, 'O Lord, kindle a fire of sacred love in this cold heart of mine!'
And whilst sweeping the room I pray, 'Lord, may my heart be swept clean of all its abominations!' And so, gentlemen, I am praying all the day!" O happy woman!
(Clerical Library)
Do you still think it is unreasonable to be asked to pray without ceasing?
0 Responses

Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?