NRIGirl
Pin It Now!

Yet he (Abraham) did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:20-21

I wish to share a small testimony over the coffee table today.

A while ago when I was looking for a job, God gave me a promise; I have shared it with you on Coffee with Jesus. It was the verse in Isaiah 55:13: "Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed.". Just as He promised I was blessed with a fine job.

Well, now nearly a year and a half later I was told yesterday my position is being eliminated. On my way back home I was recalling the promise God gave me and was wondering 'what about that'. To my surprise I am presented with today's verse - written on a piece of paper, supposedly a Promise verse picked by my sister for me at the New Year service back home.She had sent it through my Mom who is visiting us this summer.

It is not a coincidence I get it in my hand today, when I needed it the most. It says as you read above, Abraham did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.

Amen! This is exactly what I intend to do. I am sure my God - our God - has the power to do what he had promised! I have no doubt in my mind about that. Praise be to His holy name!
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    My sister and Friend,

    I was sadden when I heard of your departure from our company, You were here for a season. You do not know that the few casual conversations we had, you preach with your life and your actions to make me a better servant and christian, you brought accountability in a unforced way. I know God purpose for your life in being fulfilled. Your testimony preached to us, You did not have to say much. God has store a better job for you. God Bless You...Jose


  2. Hephzibah Says:

    Thank you Jose for those kind words. It was wonderful knowing you. Please stay in touch thru' FB or email.

    starlh@hotmail.com

    ~ Hephzibah Israel


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?