NRIGirl
Pin It Now! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Recently in a Christian book store this verse "spoke" to me. From time to time I have had experience of a verse "speaking" to me. However, I am very careful to accept anything as "spoken" as I want to make sure it is not my will speaking but the Spirit of God Himself.

As I was browsing through the aisle without a job and losing the hope of finding one, a journal with this verse just stared at me! I made a quick note of it and smiled at the appropriateness of the verse and moved on. Surprisingly few aisles later I saw a coffee cup with the exact verse on it:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

This time I paused and thought something is true about it. It is not something I can just smile and walk away from. I had to stay focused and read it a few times and said a quick, "Thank you Lord". However I had to test myself and see if it was just a random coincidence or is God truly talking to me through that verse to pass on a message. So I told myself, if I come across the same verse anytime again today - before I go to bed, I will be convinced that it is for me.

Thinking that, I was hurrying to get out of the book store as I didn't want to stay along "looking" for it. Believe it or not as I was walking out of the store my eyes caught on an accent boat with the very same verse on it:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

My heart skipped a beat & my eyes welled up. I was convinced it was indeed God speaking to me through that verse reassuring that His plans for me is to prosper me, to give me a hope and a future. Needless to say my hope was renewed right then and there and I kept praising the Lord. I must add I am now blessed with a fine job and truly say it is by His grace.

Please take this away with you today, along with your coffee: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
6 Responses
  1. Thank you for such an encouraging post! This verse has always been near and dear to me, throughout every season of my life. Tonight in Bible Study I was telling the women how powerful it is to see, hear and say the verbs that God does. He.... "Knows", "sees", "Hears", "Comforts".What a blessing. How nice to have you run into my blog, so I can be blessed by yours! :)


  2. Reena Says:

    I find it too difficult to differentiate own will and Gods will most time...but now i decided not to confuse too much but pray him to declare the way i could understand.


  3. elizabeth Says:

    What a wonderful little place you have made here. Thank you so much for the invitation to join you and Jesus for coffee. I love it!
    Elizabeth
    http://www.justfollowingjesus.com


  4. Unknown Says:

    This verse was our first memory verse, when we studied the book of Esther, last year, in our
    womens' bible study. This verse not only strengthened me but my family and several friends as well. What a Mighty God we serve!
    I thank God for your work, the coffee was fresh and the aroma is everlasting.


  5. amma Says:

    I praise God for giving you this talent and the gift of writing for the benefit of many.
    may His holy name be praised!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Wow.
    That was truly incredible.
    I never cease to be amazed by God's wonderfulness. He is such a great God, worthy of all of our praise. =)

    Thank you for asking me to read your post--I was blessed.


Post a Comment

So, how did you enjoy your coffee with Jesus? Care to share?